Sunday, February 28, 2010

Artist: WAFA Collective

Arlie told me about the WAFA Collective early this week, and I was pretty excited to see their collage books. Each piece in the series is a mixed media collage on a child's story book. They are all collaborative works passed back and forth from artist to artist, and each one is completely unique. I love the amount of adding/removing, tearing/gluing that is visible in these images. I think it must be amazing to make something and completely surrender it to someone else to modify. I wish I could let go like that!

This is an unusual artist post in that I cannot really provide information about the individual artists. However, I wanted to post this excerpt from the WAFA website:

"WAFA is a global artist collective dedicated to the support and development of emerging artists. We are a global network of working artists with members in Vancouver, San Francisco, Portland, Rome, Seattle, North Carolina, St. Paul, Sydney, Brighton, and Norwich. Our hope is to bring together a community of artists, united by collaboration, to inspire one another. To have the sense of family and community restored, where we can belong and continue to give value to what we believe in. To have an open dialogue about everything we experience, and the free exchange of ideas, knowledge and tools."

Awesome stuff. See some of my favorites from the collage books below. Please note: titles and dimensions for works are not available on the WAFA website.





No comments:

Post a Comment