Saturday, February 13, 2010

Artist: Thomas Allen

In Alternative Processes and Techniques on Thursday, Tom gave us a few artists to look to for inspiration. As a result, I fell in love with Thomas Allen. I adore the way he cuts out figures from book covers and constructs - often sultry - scenes around them. What makes them so brilliant and beautiful is the way he lights and photographs them, which is something that I am starting to play with in my own work (hoping to post images of photographed collages soon!) Naturally, I was sitting in that class brimming with inspiration for Senior Portfolio.

I checked out Allen's blog and I was sorry that I could not find out more about him. I'd love to read a statement about his work - if anyone knows where to find one, please let me know. In the meantime, I'm posting some of my favorite images below, and I'm debating over ordering Uncovered - the book of this series - from amazon right now. Check out how amazing these are:




No comments:

Post a Comment