Sunday, October 11, 2009

Artist: Julien Pacaud

Now that I am thinking about piecing my images together through collage rather than Photoshop, I spent a lot of time looking for artists that work with collages. I found a lot, but their work was generally crazy and did not apply to mine at all. Finally, I found Julien Pacaud, but unfortunately I only found a lot of images, and not a lot of information. However, I decided to blog about him anyway. His work is generally surreal, vintage feeling photo montage. While they all seem to hint at something darker, the first impression of all of his work is somewhat whimsical. Occasionally, his images portray children and families, so our work is related at least through content. I enjoy how his collages are not overwhelmingly cluttered with images like a lot of the others that I found were. They are bold, but simple at the same time. Check out the images below, and see more of his work here.



No comments:

Post a Comment