Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Research: Where to Print

I've been putting a lot of thought into how I am going to put my new collages together. The ones I made before were small, and I actually enlarged them when I printed them as photographs. Now that I have gotten enough feedback to know that the photograph route is not the way to go, I want to make my collages bigger. I think they will have a stronger presence and you will be able to see the edges and rawness of them better.

When I was making small collages, I printed them on standard 8.5x11" paper using my own printer. Going larger raises the issue of where to have them printed. I want to print them large (at least poster size) and on regular paper. In researching my options for this, I think I have decided to go with Staples. They can print on a standard weight paper up to 3x100' in full color, and they can do it very quickly. I think that Staples will be a cost- and time-effective choice, however if anyone else has suggestions, I am open to them...

No comments:

Post a Comment