Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lecture: Christopher Winton-Stahle and Allen Jones for ASMP

Tonight, I attended a presentation on the ASMP (American Society of Media Photographers) given by Christopher Winton-Stahle and Allen Jones. The information that they gave was very interesting and thought provoking. Chris attributes his success (and he is immensely successful, especially considering how young he is) to his membership with the ASMP and all of the networking opportunities that the meetings provide him with.

After the presentation, I am considering joining ASMP. If I were to sign up before graduating, I could get the student rate of only $60/year, which would provide me with all kinds of benefits, including discounts on photo equipment and the opportunity to list myself as an available assistant on the ASMP website. I am all for anything that leads to employment these days ...

At the end of the presentation, we looked at some of Chris' work. I had actually seen some of this last semester, and I still think it's interesting. I'm posting a couple of my favorites from his "Folk of the Blue Ridge" series below.

Christopher Winton-Stahle, The Lowe Family

Christopher Winton-Stahle, The Davis Family

To learn more about the ASMP, see their website. For more of Christopher Winton-Stahle's work, check out his site.

1 comment:

  1. Happy you enjoyed the lecture. Thanks for the props. stay in touch.

    Christopher Winton-Stahle

    ReplyDelete