Saturday, August 29, 2009

Artist: Jeff Wall

Jeff Wall is best known for his large-scale back-lit cibachrome photographs. Our teacher Jeff suggested that I take a look at his work, especially the images where he appears more than once in the frame, such as Double Self Portrait, which I am posting below.

I did not realize that I was already familiar with Wall's work, but who has not seen The Destroyed Room? I enjoyed looking at more of his work that I had not seen yet, and it was interesting to try to relate it to my own concept. I love how he seems to be documenting things he has seen/experienced, but with reconstructed scenes. This has definitely got me thinking. . .

Some of my favorites:

Double Self Portrait, 1979

Picture for Women, 1979

The Destroyed Room, 1978

Mimic, 1982

No comments:

Post a Comment